Sunday, September 11th
8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Join green designer Sigi Koko to learn the art of strawbale building. Workshops are hands on so be prepared to learn, laugh, and get dirty!
During the workshops, we will be using rectangular bales of straw to in-fill around exterior walls of an existing structure, then plastering those strawbales with beautiful, durable clay plaster. All of the materials we will be using are local and completely non-toxic, and result in thick, super-insulating walls.
- Overview of strawbale construction, including recommendations for our climate
- Overview of clay plasters & how to test soil for clay content
- Demonstration of all construction methods
- Ample hands-on experience of all techniques
- Handouts on strawbale construction and clay plasters